Traffic Infractions
Q:  If I receive a traffic infraction in the Village of Home, what do I need to do? Please follow these instructions:
A:  The first step is to mail your plea into the Town Court at 4 Water Street Homer, NY 13077.
Section A is a Guilty Plea. If you make a guilty plea, the Judge will simply set your fine and send you a notification through the mail, of the set fine and the the New York Mandated Surcharge if there is one. You will be given 30 days to pay.
Section B is a Not Guilty Plea. If you make a Not Guilty Plea, you will be mailed instructions to write to the Assistant District Attorney for a pre-trial conference and given and adjournment to do so. You will need to send the ADA a copy of your ticket, a letter of explanation, a copy of your driver abstract (obtained at the DMV for a $10 fee) and a return, self-addressed and stamped envelope. If any accident occurred, a copy of the accident report, together with a letter from your insurance company stating its intentions regarding any claims or potential claims. The ADA will write back to you, possibly with an offer. If you accept the offer, sign that letter and mail it back to the Court by the adjourn date given to you by the Court. If you do not accept the offer given, you would need to request a trial from the Court.
If you are charged with a Misdemeanor level crime or higher, you will need to appear on the date the officer provided for arraignment. A Plea through the mail cannot be accepted.
The Court Clerk is in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 1pm to 4pm. If you have any questions, please feel free to email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .
Town Court
4 Water Street, Homer, NY 13077
Court Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Court: First four Tuesdays of every month beginning at 4:00 p.m.